Saturday, June 28, 2008

Chloe is 14!!!! Which makes me......

Chloe's Twelfth Birthday
Hanging out in 2006
Chloe at horse camp 2005
Chloe when she used to pose!
Chloe & Mallory 2005

I cannot not tell you how hard it is to say ,"I have 14 year old!" It just doesn't seem possible.Chloe came when I was not planning on being a mom yet. Little did I know she was exactly what I needed and changed me for the better. Without Chloe, Dana and I would not have become a family. Without Chloe, I would not have become a mom. And without Chloe, I would have missed the best love of my life. So to say she is special does not quite cover it. She is a reflection of all the things I wished I could have been. She has always been mature. She is very kind and always thinks about others first. She has her Dad's wicked sense of humor and can always make me laugh. I cannot stay mad at her for more than 10 minutes. And she is confident and sure of who she is. And I am planning on going to college with her b/c I will miss my best friend way too much to let her go. But I guess that is what being a mom is all about. Letting go a little each day, hoping they remember all you taught them and praying they won't let go completely.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

wahhhh! I hope that doesn't happen to me

Jenn said...

She is sooooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful! And amazing. You are right if we could all be like Chloe. You and Dana definitely did a good job!! And what a great example for your other cuties!!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Chloe!! I LOVE what you said at the end! Made me cry! I can't even imagine having 14 year olds!! I will be coming to you for advice. I'm sure I will need a lot of it! :)

Melanie said...

happy birthday chloe!!! they sure do grow fast!! i think i'm just going to try to keep my girls little forever!!!

Texas Tingey said...

you are good at making me cry! So sweet...........